Friday, November 15, 2013

Dream, Purpose, Life?


I'll always remember how people used to ask me what my dreams were when I was little. 

I'll still remember how I used to pause, stare in the air, think and finally answered, " I don't know".


... I don't know. 


Dare to dream. Dare to dream. Dare to dream. 


That 3 words haunt me. 


How in the world can you possibly do that when you didn't have a strong stirring passion in you and a direction to go towards it?

After all, I wouldn't mind living a simple and peaceful life (like seriously). I'm an easily contended person, hence I guess dreaming big wasn't something that I thought of before. 

It wasn't long ago that I started to seriously think about how was I gonna live my life. 

I was thinking, well.. God has a purpose in everyone's lives. So... He has a purpose for me too right?

Am I gonna graduate, have a stable job, get married, have kids like every other normal human being?

That's it? 

There's certainly more than that. 

Yep, I knew I was gonna do music but honestly.. I don't think I was that passionate about it. 

You'll know it when you're passionate about something. There's a fire stirring and burning in your heart. You'll get oh so excited and you'll have endless things to talk about it. 

Just to side track a little bit, my dad is a serious loyal fan of Liverpool. He's passionate about Liverpool. It's impossible to NOT know he's a fan if you're living in our neighborhood. 

"GOAAAAAAALLLLL!!"

"AHH COME ONNN!"

"YESSSSS, WELL DONEEEEEE!!!" *claps loudly*

Yeah, you get the picture. That's passion right there. 

You don't have to tell people that you're passionate about something, you'll show it naturally, through your actions. 


A dream, is a passion that God puts in your heart. 

You may or may not have discovered it yet, but deep inside your heart, it's lying there waiting to be discovered.

It's like playing treasure hunt. Well, dream is a treasure

What's more beautiful is that this dream aligns perfectly with God's purpose in your life. 

Words can't describe how beautiful this process of asking God what's your purpose in life, waiting on Him, discovering your purpose, moulding your character and finally becoming the person God has destined you to be. 

You may have a thousand and one dreams to fulfill in life, but hold on. 

Are they yours, or are they from God?

Some people have waited a life time for God's promises to come to pass. 

You may ask," is that worth it? "

"That's crazy, I've been waiting for too long. God may have forgotten about me."



God promised Abraham that he'll have a son, but did God tell him when? 

Abraham was 100, Sarah was 90 when they had Isaac. 

That's right, they weren't patient, they were doubting God, they even used their "own ways" to work things out. 

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declared the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways" Isaiah 55:8-9


Do you think Abraham and Sarah would still be impatient and used their own ways if God told them  they were going to have a child on that certain day, month, year?


This is why the Scripture says we shouldn't be living by sight, but we should be living by faith. It's humanly impossible for Abraham and Sarah to have Isaac at such an old age, but with God? Nothing is impossible. 

When God gives you a promise, He'll make it come to pass. It may not be happening right now, but it's definitely going to come to pass in His timing. 


Coming back to myself. I'm so, so, so, thankful that I've waited for God's answer on what major I'm gonna major in Berklee.

2 years may seem to be quite a long while (this is obviously nothing compared to how Israelites waited for 40 years and Abraham waited for Isaac) for God to give a confirmation, but I must say the longer you wait, the sweeter your reward is.

Everyday, I'd thank God for putting this passion in me. I didn't realize I had that passion for music therapy till not long ago. I can't stress how amazing God's timing was. I can't stress how amazing God is. 

To be able to do what you love, to be able to know that this is a road that God wants you to take is the best feeling ever. 

...best. feeling. ever.


If God says wait, just wait. 

Cause trust me, every second will be worth it. 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment