Thursday, November 14, 2013

Love.

I always knew what love was.

 Or rather, I thought I always knew what love was.

"Love is kind, love is patient, " and all that jazz. Yeah, I've heard that a million times.

After being in the Intro class for Music Therapy, I've come to realize this is a field that is filled with nothing but love.

And so, I prayed to God to ask Him for more love and patience.

I like how God doesn't just give you whatever when you ask for it. Instead, He opens up your eyes to see things you've never seen before, He gives you situations and challenges that will eventually mould you to that personality you've prayed for.

I see it exactly like a mission in any kind of game you'd play.

"Oh, you need this certain gem to pass this level? Sure, now go to this city and slaughter this monster and that alien, collect 1000 coins and you'll have it."

Isn't it the same thing?


For me? God totally opened my eyes to see what love really is.

He made me realize how selfish I was when it comes to loving people. I find myself loving people only when I feel like it.

but HEY! That's not love yo.

Love is not emotionally driven. Love is definitely not something you do/ act on when you feel like it. It's a commitment.

It's putting others before you. 

It's a selfless act of service towards another person even when you don't feel like doing it. 


"The second is this " Love your neighbor as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these. " Mark 12:31

We see how Jesus deals with all the least lovable people in the Bible, and they were often being labeled as sinners. Why?
He could have given more love to the healthier, holier, richer, good looking people rather than spending time with the unwanted, rejected people.


I guess this is why that is one of the most powerful and important commandments that Jesus has given us.

It's easy to love someone at their best.

But it takes true love and sacrifice to love someone at their worst.



After all, we're called to be Christ like.

Jesus loves you no matter what you've done and what your past was. You can't even comprehend how much His love is for you!


We will be tired and weary if we were to use our humanly love to love others, but God's love is perfect.

It's time to use the love of God to love, to influence the people around you.



Challenge accepted?

See you at the next level :)



Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment