Saturday, September 21, 2013

"It's okay"

I'm annoyed.

Yes, you read that right.

Why? Let me tell you why.


I was doing my laundry. So, I was putting my clothes into the washing machine and went back up to my room. After about 40mins (it will be done in 38mins), I went down to see that my pile of clothes are on top of the washing machine. Feeling a little annoyed already, (like come on, can't you wait for just awhile to see if anyone was coming down to collect it before you take it out and put it on top?) a guy asked me "Oh, are these yours? I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry".

I don't know why, but ever since I came here I can't stand any strand of dust, simply anything that is not clean! So imagine.. putting my oh- so- clean laundry on. top. of. a. washing. machine?! With dust and everything else, they could easily just stick on my clothes as they weren't dry yet!

Without any hesitation, I told him it's okay.

Ohh, really? It's okay? Although he kept apologizing, I repeatedly said it was okay!

Let's be real. Deep down in me, I wasn't okay of course.

Saying "it's okay" when clearly you're not okay with it.


Have you ever wondered how many times did we actually say things that we didn't mean it? It could be  as simple as saying you're sorry when you don't actually mean it at all.


"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" James 1:19


Remember how Peter asked Jesus about how many times should he forgive when someone sin against him? As many as up to seven times?

Jesus said seventy seven times! Which literally means you have to forgive, forgive, and forgive.

Even if it's a small case. Just like the one you just read! It's not necessarily has to be a big one to forgive someone.

Make forgiving someone as a lifestyle, something you do it quickly, without hesitation because Jesus did. And we are called to be just like Him!

"Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your own fallings and shortcomings and let them drop. " Mark 11:25

The highest form of love is forgiveness.


P/S: I lost one of my socks too. I'm pretty sure he accidentally took one of my socks when he was putting my clothes on the washing machine.

Oh well, life still goes on without a complete pair of socks! Haha. Like what my mom said, at least he didn't accidentally taken a blouse or something.

Losing a sock, learning a whole lot more. Worth it lah! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment